For Sale by Owner Resources & Tools
Deciding to sell a home is a major decision. Having the right resources, tools and information is critical to a successful effort either with an agent or on your own. We hope the materials on this page will help you make an informed decision about your home sale needs, and provide you with assistance regardless of the method you choose is best for you!
Our Complimentary Services to You
Knowing what are the most difficult tasks for FSBO sellers, we now offer the following:
compartative market analysis (CMA)
We will help you decide an appropriate price to offer your property for sale by providing you with a list of relevant properties that are:
- currently active on the market;
- under contract; and
Access to our Certified Service Providers
We will give you access to the providers that service our seller clients. We will also help with project, repair and renovation coordination.
Full Marketing Consultation
We will provide you with a full marketing consultation with tips and strategies for a quick sale. We will even give you access to our team's certified staging professional for tips on curb and interior appeal. Should you decide later that working with an agent team is best for you, we will be happy to handle all the paperwork, marketing, coordination and all other tasks connected to the sale of your home.
For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Statistics
- FSBOs accounted for 8% of home sales in 2015. The typical FSBO home sold for $185,000 compared to $240,000 for agent-assisted home sales.
- FSBO methods used to market home:
- Yard sign: 33%
- Friends, relatives, or neighbors: 21%
- Online classified advertisements: 10%
- Open house: 21%
- For-sale-by-owner websites: 7%
- Social networking websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.): 9%
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS) website: 13%
- Print newspaper advertisement: 3%
- Direct mail (flyers, postcards, etc.): 2%
- Video: 1%
- None: Did not actively market home: 41%
- Most difficult tasks for FSBO sellers:
- Getting the right price: 18%
- Preparing/fixing up home for sale: 13%
- Understanding and performing paperwork: 12%
- Selling within the planned length of time: 3%
- Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale: 3%
Source: 2016 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers